I’m always on the lookout for a nice pair of headphones. Lately I’ve been enjoying listening to a pair of Sennheiser HD 202’s. They’re about $25, which is a great price for such a quality build.
Things I like:
- Super long cord – 10′ is a lot of cord
- Great sound – Not too much bass like Beats or Bose
- The seal good so you don’t hear much ambient sound, and other’s don’t hear your music
- The ear muffs detach easily so when you drop them or step on them they don’t break as often
- They’re cheap – you can get them delivered for about $25
These are pretty much my go-to headphones lately. They really do sound amazing.
Upgrading From Earbuds
If you’ve only used ear buds and are looking to step up to a pair of real headphones these are an excellent choice. The difference in sound between these and a stock pair of earbuds is night and day.
Compared to Beats and Bose
Beats and Bose headphones get a lot of attention because they do a trick called “sweetening the sound”. Basically they crank the bass up which makes them sound more like what people expect to hear. I mean we’re all bass-heads, right? Some people complain that this ruins the sound or overly modifies it from what the recording artist intended. Other people like the “Bose sound” or the “Beats sound”.
Long story short, Beats and Bose sound more bassy and these sound less bassy. They all sound good, though.